Sunday, September 17, 2006

Choppin' Birds and Other Stuff

OK Mom, the chicken preparation went like this:

My 12-year-old sister grabbed a chicken, laid it on the ground, and pinned its legs and one wing with her feet, so it couldn't move. Then she grabbed its neck and pulled out some feathers. Then I took the knife and started cutting. I'm pretty sure she was choking it since it didn't make any noise. She wasn't pushing back very hard so I wasn't able to cut through the bone, so she took the knife and finished the job, though it was quite dead at that point.

Then she said, "Chickens don't want to die."

For the past few days Maman has been telling me I'm going to kill some ducks today, but I told her I like ducks too much, though I'll still eat them if she kills them for me.

In non-killing news, Swear-In is on Friday (I'll actually be a Volunteer after that), and I move to my post on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home